Serve up a plateful of grateful!
As you already know, tomorrow is Mother’s Day. While you’ve probably already bought your gorgeous mama a card and maybe even a gift, some of you might have made lunch/brunch/spa date plans with her, and all of which just show she is a wonderful mother and you, as her child, want to celebrate her the best way possible.
But have you realised how mothers are always concerned if we’ve eaten, if we’ve eaten well enough, and of course about what we’ve eaten? Growing up, we never went hungry because no matter how tired or unwell she was, she ensured there was food on the table for us. So this Mother’s Day, why not do the same for her? Make her a delicious breakfast and show her that you truly care. Also, she sure deserves a break from the kitchen, don’t you think?
Here’s a super tasty and easy recipe put together by our in-house chefs, Upamanyu and Sajeel. We’re sure your mother’s going to remember this meal for a long time to come.
P.S. You can thank us later!
Flour – 93g
Milk – 250ml
Caster Sugar – 37.5g
Vanilla Essence -3.75g
Butter – 15g
1. Warm the milk and sugar till sugar dissolves.
2. Temper the eggs into the mixture and strain.
3. Take the mixture off the heat and mix in the flour till there are no lumps.
4. Add in the melted butter and mix well. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours.
Orange Brandy Sauce (good for 2 crepes)
Butter – 30g
Orange Juice – 200ml
Brandy – 25ml
Caster Sugar – 35g
1. Melt butter in a pan until golden brown.
2. Add in the orange juice and sugar. Reduce it till it is a little thick.
3. Add in the brandy and reduce a little more.
*(makes 12 crepes)